Air Conditioning Installation
Once you’re confident that the new system you’ve chosen is the best air conditioning system for you, you will want to make sure that it’s installed properly.
A new system is a big investment and it is important to be sure that the air conditioning installation is done right. A trustworthy installer should do the following:
- Verify that the system is the right size for the home. A system that is too small will run all the time trying to keep up with the cooling needs of the home. A system that is too big will consume more energy than necessary and be much less effective at controlling humidity.
- Use the Manual J® residential load calculation procedure. Required by many building codes, this calculation involves measuring your home, noting the number and orientation of windows and other openings as well as the type of insulation in the home. Industry software will then analyze the data and determine the most efficient system for your home.
- Charge the system correctly
- Determine air flow efficiency by making sure your return air grilles and supply registers are the proper size and performing optimally.
- Perform testing after the air conditioning installation to verify minimal leaking and proper pressures.
At Clear Air, our technicians are certified by North American Technician Excellence (NATE). NATE-certified technicians pass a rigorous test ensuring expertise in air conditioning installation, sizing and repair. We also have the experience you’re looking for – Clear Air has over 25 years in the air conditioning industry.